Please contact our media team for enquiries about spokespeople, press releases, our events, or other media opportunities on email@example.com
We are available to comment on:
- Depression, PTSD, anxiety and other mental health related conditions (including suicide and self-harm) in the first responder / emergency service community
- Mental health impacts of natural disasters and traumatic events on first responders and their families including the impact of deployment into a disaster response
- Fortem Australia’s role in raising awareness and destigmatising mental health conditions in the first responder community
- The importance of preventative, proactive mental health initiatives including Fortem Australia’s initiatives
- Mental health policy
- The important and diverse role first responders play in the community
- Thank a First Responder Day – which was launched by Fortem Australia in 2020
FORTEM IN THE MEDIA
ASPI THE STRATEGIST
Fortem Australia is honoured to welcome Graham Ashton as our Board Chair. Graham is the former Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police and Deputy Commissioner of Australian Federal Police.
Graham was instrumental in leading mental health reform with Victoria Police and brings to Fortem this understanding of how vital connection and support are for wellbeing and mental fitness,’ says Fortem co-founder and managing director, John Bale.
THE NEW DAILY
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have praised Australia’s firefighters, paramedics and police, telling them “you should be immensely proud of everything you do”.
Prince William and Kate Middleton’s words of support were delivered in a video message marking Australia’s inaugural Thank A First Responder Day.
THIS IS CANBERRA
They are the frontline of our community, aiding the injured and keeping us safe. Our law enforcement and emergency service workers are there when we need them, but a frontline job can take its toll, with one-in-two first-responders experiencing a traumatic event in the course of their work.
Co-Founder and Managing Director of Fortem Australia John Bale joined the show this morning. It’s ‘Thank a First Responder Day’ today June 2nd and John has all the details on how you can be involved and more.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge delighted Australian first responders in a stunning message of solidarity thanking them for their efforts during the recent bushfire and COVID-19 crises.
MINISTER FOR HOME AFFAIRS
Australia’s 300,000-plus police, security and emergency services personnel will be supported through a range of new mental health initiatives.