When we launched in October last year, we had no idea of the challenges we’d face in 2020 – and we can all agree that it’s been a big year.
We’re grateful to all the first responder families and supporters who have worked with us over this last year. Together, we’ve achieved a lot:
- Supported 1,743 first responders and their family members.
- Produced 63 successful wellbeing activities.
- Established a presence in seven locations across ACT, NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
- Created a series of virtual activities to support first responder families during COVID-19 restrictions, particularly for those in Victoria.
- Founded a national day of recognition for those who serve our communities. Thank a First Responder Day was supported by a range of politicians, celebrities and the Royal Family.
- Developed partnerships with Phoenix Australia, University of NSW, The 5 Ways to Wellbeing through the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and World Mental Health Day.
And that’s just the beginning. We have many more exciting things coming soon, and we look forward to sharing more with you as we continue this vital work around Australia.